- Crusty bread, such as a small (9-ounce) ciabatta or baguette
- 1 -2 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 -2 ripe summer tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, preferably flaky
- Split bread loaf lengthwise, and cut each half into slices about 2 to 3 inches across. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Place bread, cut sides down, on rack; grill, covered, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. (Or, you can toast the bread under a broiler.)
- Rub cut sides of bread with cut side of a garlic clove half, followed by a tomato half. (The toasted surface will act like a grater and capture the pulp and juices of the tomato.) Drizzle bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Courtesy of: midwestliving.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.