Sweet Potato Broccoli Hash
1 medium sweet potato, peeled
1 medium head broccoli
2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Dice the sweet potato into small 1 cm chunks. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat, then add the sweet potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, until starting to blacken in bits. They should still be a bit crunchy in the middle.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, cut the florets off the broccoli, making sure to keep them in small bite-sized pieces. Peel the broccoli stalk, then slice into 1/4″ rounds. Cut the 1/4 onion in half, then slice into 1/4″ strips.
- When the sweet potatoes are almost done, add the onions and broccoli. Cook for another 7-8 minutes or so, until the onions are soft and the broccoli turns bright green.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and place on two plates. Turn the heat down just a bit and add 1 Tbsp olive oil, swirling it around the pan.
- When the oil is hot, carefully crack an egg and drop it into the hot oil. It’ll bubble and spatter quite a bit. Add the other egg in another part of the pan. Cook until you can get a spatula beneath them, then carefully flip. Cook for just 10 seconds or so until the top is set, then very carefully remove from the pan and top each plate of veggies with one egg.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt and freshly cracked pepper, then top with salsa. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: foodal.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.