Spring Onion Soup
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsps butter or 2-3 Tbsps olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- ⅓ tsp ground coriander
- fresh thyme
- Boil potatoes in a small pot. Add water just enough to cover them.
- In a separate pot, add butter/olive oil and let it melt/heat over low heat.
- Add chopped spring onions and onion. Stir continuously until all spring onions are cooked. Be careful not to burn them! This will take up to 10-15 minutes.
- In case they start to stick, add a little bit of water.
- When potatoes are boiled, add them to the pot where you cooked the scallions, water included.
- Stir and add salt, pepper and ground coriander.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending all veggies until the soup gets a creamy consistency.
- If needed, add more water to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
Courtesy of: gourmandelle.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.