Spinach & Spring Bean Egg Drop Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces of spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked, fava beans, peas or edamame
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring stock, ginger, and 1 tsp. salt to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan. Stir cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl until smooth; whisk into stock, cook until slightly thickened, 1–2 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Whisk remaining salt, the sesame oil, and eggs in a bowl. While gently whisking broth, slowly add egg mixture to scatter eggs as they cook. Stir in spinach and edamame until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute; season with salt. Divide soup between four bowls; top with scallions.
Courtesy of: www.saveur.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.