Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, separated
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef (ground turkey or pork would also work well)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the spaghetti squash halves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Turn the squash halves over onto a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour. Once cooked, flip over and use a fork to grate across the squash. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, carrot, onion and celery on medium heat. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef for about 10 minutes. Drain the fat and add to the pot.
- After stirring the beef into the cooking vegetables, add the tomato paste. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it boils, bring it down to low. Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the bolognese over the spaghetti squash and top with Parmesan and basil. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: loveandrisotto.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.