- 8 3/4"-thick slices crusty bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 15-ounces cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 bunch kale or mustard greens, ribs removed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush bread on both sides with 4 tablespoons oil total. Working in 2 batches, cook bread, pressing occasionally to help crisp, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Season toast with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to blister, about 3 minutes. Using a spoon, lightly mash about half of the beans. Add kale and broth and cook, tossing often, until kale is wilted, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beans and greens mixture over toast, drizzled with oil.
Courtesy of: epicurious.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.