Sheetpan Teriyaki Chicken & Veggies
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 3½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil (plus more for drizzling on vegetables)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 bunch of broccolini, chopped
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 8 ounces of snap peas
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and black pepper then drizzle spoonfuls of glaze over the chicken coating well on both sides. Reserve at least half of the glaze for later.
- Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes then remove the pan. Top chicken with additional glaze, flip chicken and glaze again.
- Arrange the broccolini, carrots, edamame and pineapples in a single layer around the chicken. Season with black pepper and drizzle with ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil and teriyaki glaze and toss to coat. Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.**
- Remove pan from oven, slice chicken into strips and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Courtesy of: therecipecritic.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.