Shaved Apple Radish Salad
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 apple
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts (or any other nuts), rough chopped
- fresh mint leaves
- Shavings cheddar
- 1 Tbsp of Honey Apple Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Set your mandoline sliver to the thinnest setting. I set mine just below 1/8 inch. Do a few test slices to see what works best for you. Slice the radishes and the apple. I immediately squeeze the lemon juice on the apple slices to prevent browning, be sure to coat all the surfaces.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and taste to adjust any of the components.
- Toss the radishes and apple slices with the dressing, and then arrange on a platter, along with the mint and nuts. Top with the cheese, and serve right away.
Courtesy of: theviewfromgreatisland.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.