Sesame Chicken & Veggie Meal Prep
- 10 chicken tenders or 4-5 breasts
- 1 ½ cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2-3 cups chopped broccolini
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 TBS hoisin sauce
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp corn starch
- Powdered ginger
- Powdered garlic
- Sesame seeds
- Start by boiling 3 cups of water (or double the amount of rice you want to cook). Add the rice to boiling water, turn down to simmer, cover and let cook as package directs.
- Cut chicken tenders for breasts into bite sized pieces, scissors work well. Lightly season with garlic powder, ginger powder, and pepper. Add to a pan over medium to medium-high heat with a TBS of olive oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- While chicken cooks begin your sauce. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and a touch of powdered ginger to a pan over LOW heat (be careful not to burn the sauce). Once the sauce is warmed, add 1-2 tsp of corn starch to just enough cold water to dissolve it. Once dissolved add it to the sauce while stirring. The sauce should start to tighten up a bit once cooked a little longer. If it is not as tight as you wish repeat. Test for taste, adjust if needed, and remove from heat.
- Steam your carrots and broccoli.
- Add cooked chicken to the sauce and coat well.
- You can either plate it for dinner or divide it into meal prep containers (made 6). There should be enough sauce left over to add a little extra to each container.
Courtesy of: reciperighter.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.