Roasted Squash & Brussel Sprout Pizza
- 2 cups chopped sweet winter squash
- 2 cups brussels sprouts quartered
- 1 multigrain or whole wheat pizza dough (store bought or homemade) left out of refrigerator and covered with a damp cloth for at least 2 hours.
- 1 large onion or 2 small
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 oz. crumbled goat cheese or mozzarella
- extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp for veggies, 2 tbsp for making caramelized onions + more for oiling pan)
- coarse salt
- freshly chopped herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary are all great)
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In meantime, prepare veggies for roasting by lightly tossing them on a roasting pan with a bit of salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Roast for 25-30 or until golden and fork tender.
- Prepare the onions while veggies are roasting by heating olive oil in a medium size stainless steel skillet over medium heat.
- Toss in onions, olive oil and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
- To the onions, add balsamic vinegar and sauté until vinegar has reduced down and onions have turned soft and golden brown about 10-15 more minutes.
- Set cooked vegetables and caramelized onions aside and over with aluminum foil (keep the oven on and at same temperature for cooking pizza dough).
- Lightly oil a pizza or roasting pan.
- Roll out pizza dough and place onto pan and bake until crust is golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
- Layer the onions, then vegetables then goat cheese on top of cooked dough.
- Top with freshly chopped herbs.
Courtsey of: thehangingspoon.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.