Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces jarred roasted red peppers in juices
- 30 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, followed by the chopped onions, peppers, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Pour the sautéed veggies and the drained kidney beans in a large slow cooker. Place the chicken over the top, then sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, and salt in the slow cooker.
- Pour the jarred roasted red peppers and their juices in a blender. Puree until very smooth. Pour the pureed red pepper and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Cover and turn on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through. Remove it with tongs, and shred the chicken with a fork. Stir the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Serve warm!
Courtesy of: aspicyperspective.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.