Roasted Pear Spinach Salad
- 3 ripe pears, 1 1/2 pounds
- 2-3 Teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups washed baby spinach, 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the pears into quarters and core them, then slice them into 1/2″ slices. Place them on the lined baking sheet and lightly brush them with olive oil. Roast them for about 20 minutes, or until golden, then turn them over and roast again for an additional 10 minutes. When the pears are golden brown and caramelized, but still holding their shape, remove them from the oven and let them cool until they’re warm, or room temperature.
- While the pears are roasting, assemble the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, and sea salt until combined. Then whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream. Whisk until all the oil had been added, and the dressing is emulsified.
- When the pears are done and have cooled, either arrange all the ingredients over the top of the spinach, or toss them all together. Add as much dressing as you’d like, or serve it on the side.
Courtesy of: getinspiredeveryday.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.