Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (Camping Style)
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef (I purchased from the deli)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
- 8 oz. Mushrooms of choice – Sliced
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Slice the tops off the peppers and clean out the insides.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish.
- Remove the stem from the tops and chop up the remaining pepper top.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium campfire heat. Once oil is heated, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté until onions and mushroom are soft and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Divide the cheese in half. Sprinkle half the cheese among the 4 peppers. Top each pepper with the meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Then, top each pepper with the remaining cheese.
- Put on the campfire grill (indirect heat) for 15-18 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown and peppers are soft.
Courtesy of: littlefamilyadventure.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.