Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
1 c. shredded provolone
8 large butterhead lettuce leaves
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and bell peppers and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove peppers and onions from skillet and heat remaining oil in skillet.
- Add steak in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the steak is seared on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the steak is seared on the second side and cooked to your liking, about 2 minutes more for medium.
- Add onion mixture back to skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle provolone over steak and onions then cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Scoop steak mixture onto each piece of lettuce. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Courtesy of: delish.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.