One Pot Asparagus & Quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups Quinoa
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 1 cup Sweet Corn kernels
- 1/2 lb Asparagus
- 1/2 a Red Onion
- 1 can of Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock (*optional, can replace with more Water)
- 1 2/3 cup Water
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Wash your veggies, thinly slice your mushrooms, remove the corn kernels from the cob, dice the onion, and chop the asparagus into bite-sized pieces
- In a medium-large pot over medium heat, add your mushrooms, onion, rosemary and thyme with a splash of water. Cook over medium-low heat until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the corn kernels and asparagus and cook for another 1-2 minutes, adding more water to the pan if necessary to prevent sticking
- Pour in the dried quinoa, drained beans, vegetable broth, and water. Mix well, then increase the heat to high. Once the mixture comes to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Serve as desired. Leftovers will last in the fridge for up to one week.
Courtesy of: frommybowl.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.