Meal Prep Roasted Carrot & Chickpea Salad
Yield: 4 meals
- 4 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, about 3/4 cup uncooked
- 4 cups baby arugula
Orange Ginger Cashew Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or grated
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the carrots on one side of a large sheet pan and the chickpeas on the other side. Drizzle with olive oil and desired amount of spices and gently toss until coated. Bake until carrots are tender and chickpeas are crispy, about 35 minutes.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and either shake or whisk until creamy. Portion dressing out into 4 small containers.
- Assemble the bowls: in each bowl or airtight meal prep container add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 of the carrots, 1/4 of the chickpeas and about 1 cup of baby arugula.
- Salads will stay good in the refrigerator for 4 days. If you are worried about the arugula wilting, don’t put it in until the morning of. Pour dressing over salad just before enjoying.
Courtesy of: shelikesfood.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.