Leek, Carrot & Chickpea Stew
- 1 small leek
- 1 small carrot
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Wash, trim and cut the leek into 1cm rounds, and trim, peel and dice the carrot.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan on a medium heat, add the leek and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, then add the carrots along with 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain and add the chickpeas and allow to warm through for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Leave to cool slightly, then stir through the yoghurt. Mash until fairly smooth, with some soft lumps, then serve. For more information on stages of complementary feeding.
Courtesy of: jamieoliver.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.