Hoisin Carrot and Snap Pea Salad
- 2 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 10 oz. sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. minced ginger
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium (10-inch), heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the vegetables, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables brown in places and start to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for another 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup water and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the water mostly cooks off, about 4 minutes. Toss with the hoisin mixture, then transfer to a large bowl and serve.
Courtesy of: finecooking.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.