Grilled Leek & Tomato Salad
- 2 large leeks
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. tangerine or orange zest
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. tangerine juice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1 c. grape tomatoes
- Light a grill. Separate the dark green leek tops from the white and tender green parts. Halve the leek bottoms and run under cold water to remove any grit. Slice the dark green leek tops crosswise 1/2 inch thick, discarding the top inch, and wash well. You should have about 8 cups of the tops.
- Pat the halved leeks dry. Brush with oil and season with salt. Grill over moderate heat, covered with a bowl, until tender, 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the citrus zests with the citrus juices, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- In a skillet, heat 2 more tablespoons of oil with the crushed red pepper. Add the leek tops and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, 6 minutes. Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add half of the dressing and cook until evaporated. Scrape into a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the tomatoes.
- Arrange the grilled leeks on plates and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Spoon the leek-tomato salad on top and serve warm.
Courtesy of: delish.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.