Gluten Free Hot Fruit Bake
- 2 cup sliced apples
2 cups pear slices
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (unrefined) or brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tsp cinnamon (extra for topping)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 stick melted butter (4 to 5 tbsp melted vegan butter can be substituted)
Optional - An additional 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or butter to coat walnuts
1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, spices, and honey or maple syrup.
- Mix in a few tablespoons of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9x12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- baking for 1 hr.
- OPTIONAL - Toss your nuts in a tiny bit of melted coconut oil or butter and pinch of cinnamon. Add them to a pan and stick them in the oven with the hot fruit bake for the last 25 to 30 minutes or so, or until toasted.
- Once fruit Mix fruit is done baking remove from oven. Remove optional nuts as well.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon and toasted nuts on top of hot fruit bake before serving.
- You can use pre-roasted nuts to save on time as well. Just make sure they are not salted.
Courtesy of: cottercrunch.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.