Garlic Scape Carbonara
- ½ lb campanella pasta, or shape of your choosing
- 4 slices bacon (about 3¼ ounces), chopped
- ¼ cup garlic scapes, cut into ¼ inch coins
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- Set a pot of water to boiling on the stove and cook the campanella pasta (or desired shape).
- While it's cooking, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned. Remove the bacon pieces with a slotted spoon and add the garlic scapes. Cook until soft (2-3 minutes). Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. (Drain both the bacon and the garlic scapes on a paper towel).
- Whisk together the eggs, salt and red pepper flakes.
- When the pasta is done, quickly remove it from the stove and set a different burner to low heat. Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot, on the burner set to low. Stir in the garlic scapes and bacon. Add the egg mixture and stir feverishly for 3-4 minutes until sauce is thick and creamy. Don't let it overcook or it will be gloppy. Sprinkle the Romano cheese in, a little at a time, and stir to combine. Don't add it all at once or it won't mix throughout the pasta as well (since it will clump).
- Serve immediately.
Courtesy of: sarahscucinabella.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.