Egg Roll in a Bowl Meal Prep Recipe
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup red onion — diced
2 garlic cloves — minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger — minced
1 lb heritage breed ground pork
2 tablespoons hot sauce — I used Frank’s
12 oz 340g coleslaw bag
3 tablespoons liquid soy seasoning — or coconut aminos for Whole30/paleo or Tamari for gluten-free option)
Green onions for garnishing — sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 bunch of kale — chopped
¼ cup homemade mayo
1 tablespoon hot sauce — Frank’s work
1/8 teaspoon garlic clove — minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red onions and sauté for about 4 minutes. Then, add garlic and ginger and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant is released.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and black pepper. Cook and break it up with a spatula, until it is cooked through and no longer pink. It’s about 7 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and mix well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the coleslaw mix and liquid soy seasoning. Stir well and cover the skillet. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until it’s tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the hot mayo sauce.
- Place an even amount of egg roll into 4 different glass containers.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add kale and stir until wilted. Place kale in the meal-prep bowls too. Drizzle the sauce over the egg roll bowls. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: primaverakitchen.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.