Creamy Mushroom Stew
- 8 oz of mixed mushrooms, chopped with tough portion of stems removed
- 1/8 cup of butter or ghee;
- 1 onions, chopped;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- Handful of fresh thyme, leaves picked;
- 1/8 cup or so of red wine
- ½ cup of heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk;
- 2 green onions, chopped;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Before chopping the mushrooms, rinse them to remove any excess dirt and then pat dry.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the butter butter or ghee.
- Stir-in the onions and garlic. Cook until they begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. After cooking for a few minutes you will notice that they let off moisture. You want to continue cooking until this moisture evaporates entirely.
- Add the wine or stock as well as the heavy cream or coconut milk and stir well to ensure that the flavors are dispersed evenly.
- Once the stew has simmered for a few minutes, add in the thyme leaves, green onions and adjust the salt and pepper seasoning. Allow to sit on a low heat for a few more minutes so that it thickens.
Courtesy of: paleoleap.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.