Cinnamon Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. carrots (about 4 large), cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-in. pieces
- 2 tbsp. chicken or vegetable bouillon base
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 slices leftover bread, cut or torn into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are starting to brown at the edges 8 to 10 minutes. Add the spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, bouillon base, bay leaves and 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from heat, drizzle the maple syrup over the top and toss to coat.
- Discard the bay leaves. Using an immersion blender (or standard blender in tow batches) puree the soup until smooth. Serve with the maple croutons.
Courtesy of: delish.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.