- 16 Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk beverage
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, plus more for garnish
- Soak dates in 1 cup hot water until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Process the dates, avocados, milk beverage, cocoa, maple syrup (or agave), oil, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a food processor until very smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. Serve garnished with a little extra sea salt, if desired.
Courtesy of: eatingwell.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.