Chicken Pepper Curry
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 chicken thighs-bone in, skin on
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved. (or 4-5 medium sized potatoes, cubed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1-400ml tin coconut milk
- 10-12 small white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken thighs on both sides. add onion and cook until translucent (about 5-7 mins)
- Add garlic and spices and cook until fragrant. turn the heat down to medium.
- Add chopped baby potatoes, and cover with chicken stock and coconut milk. Stir to combine everything, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped white mushrooms, and red pepper to the pot and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles or just on its own! top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
Courtesy of: bucknakedkitchen.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.