Breakfast Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1/3 lb. ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallot, finely minced
- 2/3 cup red potatoes, finely diced
- 2/3 cup sweet potato, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 eggs, large
- 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prep peppers by slicing in half (hot dog way) and removing the seeds and innards. Rinse, dry, and set inside casserole dish.
- Saute ground pork on medium/high heat for a few minutes, just to cook it about half way. Remove and place in large bowl.
- Wipe grease from pan and then heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium/high heat. Add in 1/3 cup shallot, red potato, and sweet potato. Season with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes minutes only to partially cook the potatoes. They will continue to cook in the oven! Remove and add into the same bowl as the ground pork.
- Mix together potato mixture with the ground meat. Then, add in about a tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Use a spoon to transfer mixture into peppers, filling them about 3/4 of the way. You may have a little left over depending on how big your peppers are! Crack a large egg on top of each pepper, being very careful not to puncture the yolk!
- Place in oven at 375ªF for around 35 minutes (depending on how running you like your yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on some white cheddar cheese.
Courtesy of: fitfoodiefinds.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.