Bite-Sized Apple Pie
- 7 Granny Smith Apples
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
APPLE PIE FILLING:
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Stevia Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ⅛ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Salt
FOR THE PIE CRUST:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the pie crusts onto your counter. Using a 4″ circle cookie cutter, punch circles out of one pie crust. With the other pie crust, slice 4x¼” strips using a sharp knife. You’ll need about 5 strips per apple, so make at least 35 of these strips.
- Firmly press the pie crust circles into ungreased muffin tin cups. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer the baked pie crusts to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
FOR THE APPLES:
- Slice the tops off of the apples. Discard the tops. Core the apples, being careful not to puncture the bottom of the apple. Discard the cores.
- Hollow the remaining apple flesh with a grapefruit spoon (leaving about ½” of apple flesh around the skin). Brush the hollowed apples with the lemon juice.
- Place the apples in the muffin tin cups so they stand upright. Bake for 20 minutes.
FOR THE APPLE PIE FILLING:
- Peel and core the apple, then chop into small chunks. Add to a small bowl.
- To the bowl, add the lemon juice, stevia extract, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt. Stir together until completely combined.
- Gently press the baked and cooled pie crusts into the baked apples. Fill the pie crusts with the apple pie filling.
- Arrange the pie crust strips in a lattice fashion over each apple. Gently press the lattice ends on the apple to seal. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the lattice is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then serve warm!
Courtesy of: dessertswithbenefits.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.