Avocado Egg In a Hole
2 tbsp. butter, divided
4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. shredded cheddar
2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 green onions, sliced
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Lay avocado halves on their sides and carefully cut lengthwise into 2 thick slices each. Hollow out middles with a paring knife.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place avocado slices into skillet and crack an egg into the center. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until egg is cooked to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes for a just runny egg. Sprinkle cheese on top of each slice, cover with lid again and cook until the cheese is melted, a minute more.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish with bacon and green onions.
Courtesy of: delish.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.