If you're like me, sometimes you get a little carried away when you're cooking. Especially if it's 5:30 in the evening, lunch was eons ago, and you're starving. That whole "eyes bigger than your stomach" thing can lead to a food crisis pretty quick!
Pasta is definitely one of those foods where this can happen in a blink if you're not careful. The recipe says 1/2 lb, but you "accidentally" poured in the whole box. Oops! You've got a big pile of extra starch on your hands. Now what?
Here are some ideas:
1. Pasta Frittatas: As simple as throwing some chopped pasta, veggies (literally anything you've got in the fridge), and maybe some leftover shredded chicken in a pan. Fill the pan with eggs, a little cheese on top and cook on the stove top until the bottom is set. Then toss in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Done!
2. Add to Bone Broth: Got some bone broth or stock lying around? Heat it up, add noodles and veggies (again, literally anything in the fridge). Feast!
3. Mini Quiche: Mix leftover pasta with chopped veggies, meat of your choice and beaten eggs. Put in muffin tins and bake till set for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the go.
4. Pasta Fritters: Mix 3 cups pasta with some leftover marinara, 2 eggs, 1 cup of breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup of grated cheese and some salt and pepper. Flatten onto a hot pan like a pancake and cook until crispy on both sides. Top with a fried egg. These freeze like a dream too!
5. Noodle Stir-Fry: Saute up some noodles, leftover pork roast (or any protein) and, you guessed it, chopped veggies! Douse in soy sauce, maybe some Sriracha if that's your thing and call it a meal!
Zach "Eyes bigger than his stomach" Buchel
Comments will be approved before showing up.